Sunday, March 13, 2011

Oh What A Night: Frankie Valli concert



This idea came from watching too much television. I encountered an ad that Frankie Valli is going to perform somewhere near my place. I told my girlfriend about it and lucky for us, she's free on that weekend!
If you don't know Frankie Valli, I don't blame you. He's got hits from the 60's down to the 90's. Even I didn't know him until I saw the Jersey Boys show in Las Vegas. Turns out I knew maybe 3 of his songs. Since then, I've become a fan. His high sharp voice is impeccable, not to mention the choreography they put into their performances. His 2 most famous hits as a solo artist were My Eyes Adore You, and Can't Take My Eyes Off You, but the peak of his career was being in the group called Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. Their most famous hits are Walk Like A Man, Big Girls Don't Cry, Sherry, and Rag doll. Now you know who he is!

I was really hyped about it and before we knew it, we were there sitting at the farthest seats available. Not good seats? That's what I also thought. What was so cool about this concert other than being a Frankie Valli concert was it was indoors and you can eat and drink alcoholic beverages as often as you like. As the lights dimmed, everyone was shouting, and cheering their asses off. The band started off loud but at the same time smooth. After a while, an old little man with white hair came to the stage and there he was. Listening to his music through itunes, youtube, and cds. Now I can finally hear him live! This one has got to be one of the most awesome moments that ever happened since I got here.

Amazingly, his voice stayed the same. Everyone was enjoying the fine music that was surrounding the room, but what really made me smile were the old people getting off their seats and dancing while singing along. These folks grew up listening to his songs and it must've felt electrifying just listening to Frankie once again. Even though it was just four young guys instead of the original members, every performance was still delightful and amusing. Oh, about our seats? I realized we had the best seats in the house not just 'cause we can see the stage and the monitors very clearly, but also because we can see everyone having a good time. Nothing like seeing old people groovin'.

When he got off the stage some thought that the show was already over. So me and my girlfriend waited a little and then stood up. To our amazement, he came back to perform 3 more songs. Since we were already standing up, we just swayed along with everyone else, sang along, clapped our hands, having a great time.

Just like that, the show was already over. Oh what a night. To spend this amazing concert with someone really close to your heart made it extra special.

I kept thinking about those old people having a good time dancing along. Me and my girlfriend were talking about it and if we were going to be old and we would be in these guys' shoes, we'd be at a Black Eyed Peas concert rocking, rapping, and dancing like teenagers again.

No comments:

Post a Comment